Sunday

Lemon Butter

This lemon butter is so delicious!

I have only made stovetop lemon butter before, but this quick and easy microwave recipe came from Michael's Nanna.

It made three little pots full, and we had it while it was still warm yesterday, on some fresh lemonade scones with whipped cream!

The kids took one pot to Grandma and we are already onto our third!

We've been eating it today, spread thickly on fresh bread... yum!


I think I'll make some more tomorrow.


Lemon Butter

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup lemon juice
4 eggs
125 grams butter


Place the sugar, butter and lemon juice in a large bowl.

Microwave on high for three minutes, stirring halfway.

Beat the eggs well and then beat into the mixture thoroughly.

Microwave on high for four minutes or until thickened, checking and stirring every 30 - 40 seconds.

Beat well.

Cool quickly in the fridge.

Can be used as a delicious filling in tart shells or as a filling in sponge cake.

Freezes well.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Ruth... That reminds me of my own Nan, she made it for us. I so miss her. Will have to make some for my kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm - they would have been great on the scones Sarah made yesterday!I make my lemon butter in the mircowave too - I often add passionfruit to it. I didn't realise you could freeze it - I will have to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lemon spread! My mum makes the best! I haven't tried to make my own yet though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I've never made lemon butter, but I will be trying this, mmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe looks great - I need to try it - love lemon butter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I have to try this - it looks so scrummy! Lemon curd is one of my favourite toast topping treats :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruth I have just made up your recipe using limes (we have a tree full!)I've licked the bowl and it's delicious! I'm thinking pikelets with lime butter will go down very nicely for afternoon tea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ruth, we made this today and it is so tasty!! Yummm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the recipe :)
    Always looking for ideas to use up the lemons on our tree. Might make it today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruth, I just googled "lemon butter" and your blog came up on the first page! I'll be trusting your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment... I love to hear from people :-)
Ruth xx