Sunday

Day 2 - School Holidays

Well we've just had our second day of the school holidays. Michael was working today, so I took the kids to church this morning, then we came home and made bread!

I gave them all a piece of dough to make whatever they liked and they made all sorts of bread goodies, from plaited bread loaves to a bread man. They added sultanas to some of them which was fun.

I made 2 large loaves and they were very yummy and so easy!

While the bread was doing it's second rising and baking, I gave Ben a little dish of tiny choc chips to take outside and share with the other kids and when I came outside, they were all sitting on the bricks in a circle sharing them out evenly. It was so cute I had to take a photo.

When their bread treats were cooked, I took them outside with some butter and they ate them on the trampoline in the beautiful sunshine.
















2 comments:

  1. They do look cute all perched on the trampoline munching away, yum, food always tastes better outdoors. I've been bread making too and a bread man was part of my 4 yr old's creations. Kids do love working with bread dough, don't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Would you mind sharing the recipe you used, Ruth? That bread looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment... I love to hear from people :-)
Ruth xx